Saturday, May 23, 2009

Painting Progression-Sleigh Bells-Step 4

I am still working with acrylic paint, but now I begin blocking in local color in the sky, hills, buildings, trees and horses and their harness.  This gives me a basic color map of how the painting will look and how the colors will relate to each other as I continue to build my painting.  It is wise to establish an under painting, that is blocked in quickly.  Adjustments and improvements and even complete re-do's are easily done at this point.  If you spend a great deal of time finishing off an area, then find it isn't working properly in relation to the rest of the painting, it can be very hard to bring yourself to change it, thus compromising the finished piece. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...