Saturday, May 2, 2009

Painting Progression-Sleigh Bells-Step 1



Add ImageIt's time to post another painting showing the progressive steps I took to complete it.  Once again, this painting features horses, this time a team of Belgians in harness.  The title of the painting is "Sleigh Bells", which adorn the showy harness on the backs of the horses.  Not all of my paintings are of horses, but so far all of my posts have had them in them.  Maybe the next one will be different!

I started this painting on a 16 X 24 inch stretched canvas, sketching the main elements with a number 2 pencil.  A softer pencil is very black and smudgy on the gesso priming of the canvas. When the sketch is complete, I give it a light spray of workable fixative to hold the pencil when I tone the canvas with acrylic medium in the next post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...