Friday, February 21, 2014

ARTFINDER: Freighter Inviken by Richard De Wolfe - I love the water and boating, and soon I will b...

ARTFINDER: Freighter Inviken by Richard De Wolfe - I love the water and boating, and soon I will b...

"Freighter Inviken" by Richard De Wolfe  16 x 20 oil on canvas 

I love the water and boating, and soon I will be launching my own craft once again.  The St. Lawrence Seaway will  open to shipping in early spring and will remain open until late autumn, alllowing ships from all over the world to reach ports all around the Great Lakes, deep in the interior of Canada and the United States .

This is a freighter from Europe that I saw several years ago as it was approaching the Thousand Island Bridge, between the U.S. mianland and Wellesley Island, N.Y.  I loved the powerful mass of the ship, rising off of the water like some displaced, highrise architecture.  I found the persepective leading to the arch span of the bridge in the distance to be an interesting design that appealed to me.  The rolling clouds overhead seemed to enforce the energy and power of the massive ship churning upstream to Toronto, Detroit  and perhaps  many ports beyond.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...