Monday, February 6, 2012

Portrait Commission


I completed this portrait about one week ago.  I don't do a lot of portraits, but occasionally it is fun to take one on and stretch my capabilities....hopefully at least!  This one was a commission for a previous collector of my art.  The painting measures 11 inches wide by 14 inches high.  I painted it on a canvas panel and mounted it in a simple, antique style dark walnut coloured frame that really suited the subject of older folks.  This was actually a portrait of the collector's parents who passed away some years ago, so my patron was delighted to have this painting done as a keepsake and family heirloom for future generations.  If you have a photo that you would like me to use to create a special work of art, please contact me and we can discuss the possibilites.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...