Friday, September 21, 2012

Autumn Art Show

'Outlook'   12 inches X 16 inches        $150.00


It is show time!  I am finally having another art show in Kingston, Ontario, after three years of procrastination.  The show will take place at Kingston Central Library, 130 Johnson Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada.  This will be a solo exhibition of some of my smaller works.  Most of the paintings will be new.  I plan on hanging at least 20 pieces for the show.  The show will open with a 'meet the artist' event on Tuesday, October 2nd., from 6:00pm until 9:00pm.  The event is free and everyone is welcome.  Light refreshments will be served.

After the opening, the show will continue to hang until October 28th.  Since the paintings are smaller in size, so are the prices and I think I will have something to fit everyone's budget this time around.  I hope to see you there!

The painting shown here is a plein air piece that I painted a few years ago.  It was about this time of year, when the trees have just started to take on autumn colours.  I don't get out to paint on location as often as I would like, but I always enjoy the experience when I do.  You really appreciate the feeling of a place when you sit (or stand) quietly in one spot for a few hours just taking it all in.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...