Friday, June 18, 2010

Daisy Chain

This is another piece of art that I produced some time ago, specifically for art licensing. I thought the idea of pink pigs all in a row and sound asleep would make an interesting card motif or maybe a border or who knows what! Unfortunately, my licensing rep is not into pigs at all, so this image has not been promoted yet. Should you be interested in licensing it, please let me know so I can tell him 'I told you so'.

The painting measures twelve inches high by twenty-six inches in length. It is painted on illustration board in gouache (opaque watercolour). If you are an artist and you have never tried this medium, it is well worth the effort. It is unlike any other medium I have used. Right out of the tube or jar, it goes on flat and completely opaque. It dries quickly but it always remains water soluble. You can mix it with transparent watercolours, acrylics, dyes or any other water based medium. Have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...