Saturday, February 28, 2009

Painting Progression-Moonlight Travelers-Step 1


Once again, I have a painting of horses for this demonstration.  Horses are not my only subject, but it seems as if most of the paintings that I have documented as I work, happen to have horses in them.  This one is a scene rather than a portrait and brings many other elements into play.

This is my initial pencil drawing on canvas.  I have incorporated a large amount of detail into this drawing, especially in the complex areas such as the victorian building, the horses and sleigh and the figures within.  I use a spray fixative to hold the pencil from smudging when I begin to paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RICHARD I THINK YOU HAVE A VERY UNIQUEWEBSITE TO SHOWCASE YOUR WONDERFUL ART.
HOWARD DUBOIS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...